Mobile Firearms Amnesty August-September 2023
During August and September 2023, Tasmania Police will be holding a mobile firearms amnesty at various locations across the state, for people to surrender firearms and ammunition without fear of being prosecuted for the possession.
Under Tasmania’s permanent firearms amnesty, people can surrender illegal and unwanted firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, or gel blasters that have the appearance of a firearm, without being prosecuted for the possession.
The mobile firearms amnesty will be:
- Saturday 26 August:
- DEVONPORT: 10am-12noon, at East Devonport Recreation and Function Centre, 67 Caroline Street, East Devonport
- BURNIE: 2pm-4pm, at Ridgley Community Centre, 2 Parker Court, Ridgley
- Sunday 27 August:
- WYNYARD: 10am-12noon, at Railway Institute, 2 Station Street, Wynyard
- SMITHTON: 2pm-4pm, at Basketball Stadium Indoor Sports Centre, 110-114 Nelson Street, Smithton
- Saturday 2 September:
- EXETER: 9am-11am, at Winkleigh Fire Station, 1068 Winkleigh Road, Winkleigh
- SCOTTSDALE: 1pm-3pm, Scottsdale Recreation Ground, George Street, Scottsdale
- Sunday 3 September:
- CAMPBELL TOWN: 9am-11am, Campbell Town Fire Station, 79 High Street, Campbell Town
- DELORAINE: 1pm-3pm, Rotary Function Centre, 6 Alverstone Drive, Deloraine
- Saturday 9 September:
- BRIDGEWATER: 10am-2pm, Bridgewater Police Station, Green Point Road
- Sunday 10 September:
- *GLENORCHY: 10am-2pm, *Glenorchy Police Station, Main Road, Glenorchy (*location changed from Bridgewater Police Station).
If you’re attending the amnesty to surrender items, please leave them in your vehicle, walk up and speak to officers on site and they will safely retrieve the items.
If you have items to surrender but you’re unable or uncomfortable to transport them, attend the amnesty and speak to officers, or call us on 131 444 and police will organise collection from you.
Anyone who knows anything about illegal firearms in the community is encouraged to contact police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers Tasmania anonymously at crimestopperstas.com.au or on 1800 333 000.